Маңғыстау облысы, Ақтау қаласы
Маңғыстау гуманитарлық колледжінің шет тілінен арнайы пәндер оқытушысы
Ерғалиева Қалдыгүль Орынбасарованың «Ағылшын тілі практикумы» пәнінен
3 курстарға арналған ашық сабақ
The plan of the open – door lesson.
Discipline: “Practice of the English Language”.
The theme: “Health. Medical service”.
Aims of the lesson:
1. To develop oral speech, critical thinking and attention abilities, to practice group pair work and solutions of problems.
2. To teach students to work creatively and get deeply information about health and medical service while doing tasks.
3. To bring up students to take care of themselves keep the healthy way of the life, widen their knowledge about health.
The type of the lesson: combined with the elements of critical thinking.
Visual aids: interactive board, slides, posters, colored pictures, crossword, proverbs, saying and quotations, printed materials, placates.
The stage of the lesson:
I. Organization moment.
1. Organizing students to the lesson.
3. Reporting on duty.
Teacher: Good day dear teachers, students and guests you are welcome to our open – door lesson. Let’s divide the group into two groups. Students, come to the blackboard. The students by the number first are the group A. And the students by the number second are the group B.
II. Warming – up.
T: Let’s begin our lesson saying the proverbs about health. Read and give the Kazakh equivalents.
An apple a day keeps a doctor away.
A sound mind in a sound body.
One hour`s sleep before midnight is worth two after.
Health is better than wealth.
Prevention is better than cure.
One man`s meat is another man`s poison.
Health is valued till sickness comes.
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
III. Students’ presentation.
1. Working on the poster.
T: Students we have learnt about health, illness and their cure, treatment and symptoms.
Now I want to listen to you. The students of Group A come to the blackboard and tell us about your poster. And the students group B come to the blackboard and tell us about your poster.
IV. Draw “the Sun” Method of Cluster.
T: You can see on the blackboard the sun with beams. Your task is to write near each beam your associations with healthy and unhealthy food, bad and good habits.
V. Working on the text: to read, translate and to ask the questions to the opposite team.
T: group A will read the text “Medical service in Kazakhstan”.
group B will read the text “Medical service in the UK(England)”.
1. To read the text.
2. To translate the text.
3. To ask the questions to the opposite team and to answer them.
VI. Writing work. (The diagram Vienna)
T: On the blackboard you can see the diagram Vienna. You have to fill it and write down the similarities of medical service in Kazakhstan and in England.
VII. Acting the dialogue
T: Your task is to act the dialogue. Imagine that one of you is a doctor, the second of you is a patient. You talk to each other about of the symptoms of illness and the treat. (Students show small sketch).
VIII. To imagine a doctor.
T: Now students, you’ll read the symptoms of the illness and imagine you as a doctor. Try to diagnose these illnesses.
1. Common symptoms: weakness, fever sore throat, and “puffiness” to the cheek(s). The swelling may extend from the cheeks to under the angle of the jaw.
2. The common presentation is abdominal pain with fever, loss of appetite, and nausea. Within hours (6 – 8 hours) the pain localizes to the right lower quadrant of the abdomen.
3. This common childhood illness has its highest incidence in the spring. One has fever, malaise, headache, and sore throat. These symptoms will give way to a rash (pink, circular spots) that starts on the face and spreads to the trunk, arms, and legs. Duration of the rash is typically 1 – 3 days.
4. Common symptoms in adults include: fever, chills, runny nose, sore throat, swollen glands, frontal headache, muscle and body aches, joint pains, dry cough, chest pains with coughing, and weakness.
IX. Sing vain.
T: Your task is to make up a poem according to our theme. You’ll make up examples to the following the speech of patterns.
Noun – 1
Adjectives (which describe the theme) – 2
Verbs (action of the theme) – 3
Words (constitutions) – 4
The synonym of the first word (which describes the theme) – 1
X. Watching the video film.
T: Students, after the watching video you’ll answer the question.
What is AIDS?
What causes AIDS?
What are the symptoms of AIDS?
How is AIDS treated?
Why do people take drugs?
How Do Drugs Work?
XI. To draw the poster to the AIDS and drugs.
T: Students, prepare your colour pencils and draw a poster.
Group A – drugs.
Group B – AIDS.
T: Students, tell us please what you know, what you didn’t know and what do you want to know.
Student 1 _________________________
Student 2 _________________________
Student 3 _________________________
Student 4 _________________________
XIII. To give the home task: to write an essay about medical service.
XIV. To mark.