Қарағанды облысы, Теміртау қаласы, Ғабиден Мұстафин атындағы N5 қазақ орта мектебі II-санатты Шет тілі пән мұғалімі: Мажибаева Замира Бекжановна
WELCOME TO ENGLISH CLUB
Темасы. “SMART TIME”Objectives:
- To activate topics: “How different the world is.”
- To improve listening and speaking
- To support interest to learning English
Plan of the lesson — game
Good afternoon, dear participants! Good afternoon, dear children! Welcome to English Club. Today we are going to play the game “Smart Time”. Three teams will take part in it. Let’s greet and wish them good luck. And now let me introduce our judges: Shakhatova Guldana Kairdenovna, Myrzakhmetova Aidana, Gareyeva Akmaral. Dear judges, we ask you not to be too critical and forgive our participants the mistakes that they may make. Now it’s time for the game “Smart Time”.
The game has 4 rounds: They are:
- “Go on”
- “You ask me, I ask you”
- “The cat in the box”
So, let’s begin our game
The 1st round.
It is called “Go on!” The task is to answer the questions at high speed. If you don’t know or don’t remember the answer, you should say “Go on!”, because your time is limited. (30 seconds)
a) The questions to the first team
- What river does London stand on? (The Thames).
- How old is London? (2000 years old).
- Who is the head of the state in Great Britain? (A monarch).
- How many countries does the UK consist of? (4 countries).
- What kind of weather is the most common in GB? (Rainy).
b) The questions to the second team
- Who was the first American president? (G. Washington).
- What is the America’s symbol of Freedom? (The Statue of Liberty).
- What is the flag of the USA called? (“Stars and Stripes”).
- Who is the head of the state and government of the USA? (The President).
- What river is the capital of the USA situated on? (The Potomac).
The questions to the third team
- Where does the monarch of the UK live? (Buckingham Palace).
Name any national English game (football, cricket, rugby).
How many states are there in the USA? (50)
What is the address of the Prime Minister of the UK (10 Downing Street)
Whose portraits are printed on American dollars? (American presidents).
The 2nd round.
It is called “You ask me, I ask you”.
Teams, be ready to ask each other questions.
The questions of the first team.
- What is the official name of Britain? (The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
The questions of the second team.
- What is the national costume of Scotland? (The kilt)
The questions of the third team.
- What is Big Ben? (The clock on the Houses of Parliament)
The 3rd round.
The 3rd round is called “Situations” You should choose one of the 3 situations and show us, and other teams should guess the name of it.
2. In a hospital
3. At school
The 4 th round
It is called “The cat in the box”
Sing a song/Let’s dance/Let’s warm up
The 5th round “Puzzle time”
- I am big. I am grey. My nose is long. My tail is short. Who am I? (elephant)
- I am little. I’m grey. My nose is short. My tail is long. Who am I? (mouse)
- I’m small. I’m white. My nose is black. My ears are long. I like carrots. (rabbit)
- I’m big. I’m red. My tail is long. I like cocks and hens. (fox)
- I’m big. I have a long tail and strong teeth. I live in Africa. I like to eat giraffes and goats. I’m green. (crocodile)
- I’m your friend. I say “Bow-wow-wow” (dog)
- I’m very useful. I give you milk, cheese, cream and meat. (cow)
- Children like me because I’m funny. I can do a lot of things like people. (monkey)
Dear judges, tell us the score of the game, please.The team … is the winner. You are smart things. Our best congratulations! Thanks for the game!